October 2, 2021
Event Registration: 8:30 AM - 10 AM
333 East Klingemann St.
New Braunfels, TX 78130
5th Annual Dos Rios Watershed Cleanup
Saturday, October 2, 2021
2021 Dos Rios Watershed Clean-up - October 2nd
(Rain Date: October 9th)
On October 2nd, 2021, The City of New Braunfels will be hosting the 5th Annual Dos Rios Watershed Clean-up! This year we are planning to return to a format that is similar to how the first few events were held while still being mindful of public health concerns that our community is still facing. Here is the tentative plan for the event:
- Participants will arrive the Headwaters at the Comal, 333 East Klingemann St., New Braunfels, TX, where we will set up our event headquarters for the morning. We will have the headquarters set up from 8:30 a.m. - 10 a.m. Plan to arrive anytime during that timeframe.
- After arriving at the Headwaters at the Comal, participants will sign in, select their clean-up destination, and grab their participation gift, clean-up supplies, and breakfast. T-shirts and breakfast items are on a first-come, first-served basis. Participants can enjoy the beautiful surroundings at the Headwaters at the Comal facility then head out to the assigned clean-up locations.
- Clean-up locations will include city parks and greenspaces. Participants can also suggest a clean-up location in their neighborhood or near their workplace that needs attention.
- Participants will arrive at the locations and begin the watershed clean-up activities. Each clean-up location will have designated dumpsters for trash bag collection once the participants finish gathering litter.
- Once the clean-up activities are finished, participants are free to leave or stick around and continue to enjoy the beauty of our local natural resources. City staff will collect the bags of litter that have been gathered and ensure that they are disposed of properly.
- Participants are advised to wear long pants and close-toed shoes for safety during the clean-up. Also, bring any sunscreen or bug spray that you may wish to use during the clean-up event.
We hope this year's clean-up can be a fun way to get out of the house, bond with your family and friends, and help keep our rivers clean and clear of trash.
*Please note: October 9th has been selected as a back-up date in case of inclement weather on October 2nd.
Event headquarters, Headwaters at the Comal: 333 East Klingemann St., New Braunfels, TX
Event website: www.nbtexas.org/dosrioscleanup