Cypress Bend Park
- Open Space
- River Access
The park is named after the many Cypress Trees along the bank of the Guadalupe River. When visitors and locals float down the Guadalupe River, this is the last public exit on the Guadalupe river for the tubers to get out.
Ownership and History:
November 10, 1831—Henry Kellermann received title to the land.
September 26, 1913—New Braunfels bought 6.93 acres of land from Henry Kellermann.
October 11, 1920—Henry Kellermann sold remainder of his land to E.A. Eiband.
December 29, 1927—E.A. Eiband and wife, Ella, sold 10 acres to the city of New Braunfels for $11,110. Part of the land went to Cypress Bend Park and part of the land was used for Comal Cemetery.
1986—tubers exit was officially added