The City of New Braunfels is seeking members of the public to serve on the 2023 Bond Advisory Committee (BAC).
This 24-member committee will work with City Administration, Finance, and Public Works staff to provide City Council with a prioritized list of projects to be considered for a proposed Bond Election in May of 2023.
The Committee will feature:
- A non-voting Chairperson appointed by Mayor Rusty Brockman
- Seven additional members that are appointed by members of New Braunfels City Council
- Three members that are appointed by Comal County Commissioners Court, Guadalupe County Commissioners Court, and the New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce
- Ten members appointed by various City Boards and Commissions:
- One member, each, from the Downtown Board, Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, Library Board, Planning Commission, NBEDC (4B Board), River Advisory Committee, NBU Board, Watershed Advisory Committee, Traffic and Transportation Advisory Board, and Workforce Housing Advisory Committee
- Three At-Large appointments of members that will be selected by a vote of City Council from those that apply
“The work done by the Bond Advisory Committee will play a key role in helping City Council decide which projects to consider sending to residents for a vote,” said New Braunfels Mayor Rusty Brockman. “It will be incredibly valuable for the BAC to represent a cross-section of experience and perspectives as they work to identify community projects for a potential bond election in 2023.”
Applications are available online at www.nbtexas.org/apply and the deadline to apply is Saturday, October 30th, 2021. The three at-large members of the committee will be selected at a Special Meeting of New Braunfels City Council in late November or early December.