A number of city facilities will reopen to the public with limitations and restrictions on June 1.
Using Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s Report to Open Texas, the goal is to provide these services and amenities while keeping the health and safety of residents and visitors the top priority. The following limitations and restrictions will be in effect until further notice:
NEW BRAUNFELS PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Modified Hours of Operation:
- Dedicated time for seniors and at-risk individuals: 10am to 11am Monday through Friday.
- General Hours: 11am to 6pm Monday through Friday; 11am to 2pm on Saturdays. Closed Sundays.
- Face coverings are highly encouraged.
- No public seating will be available and floor markings will direct customers to social distance while in line.
- Staff assistance will be limited: all materials will be checked out using self-check-out machines.
- Virtual programming will continue; there will be no in-person summer programs.
- Cash payments will not be accepted and there is no charge for printing.
- Study rooms, meeting rooms, and conference rooms will not be available.
- The curbside pickup program remains available, with some changes to the pickup procedure:
- Pickup is now on the book-drop side of the building with four designated parking spots.
- Patrons should call 830-221-4300 or text 830-253-4804 to let library staff know their parking spot.
- The Westside Community Center and Library is tentatively scheduled to reopen on June 15.
- For more information about the Library’s operations, visit the New Braunfels Public Library website.
NEW BRAUNFELS PARKS DEPARTMENT
- The Landa Park Miniature Golf Course and the Landa Lake paddleboats will reopen June 1 with mandated health-related restrictions and limitations.
- The Fischer Park Nature Center will reopen June 1 with modified hours of operation: 10am to 4pm Monday through Friday, 10am to 6pm Saturdays, and 12pm to 6pm Sundays.
- Outdoor exercise equipment at Eikel Park and along the County Line Memorial Trail will reopen June 1.
- Camp Minnehaha and Fischer Park Nature Camps begin June 1. See the Parks Dept. website for details.
- JAWS skate park will open June 1 with recommended health guidelines in place.
- Playgrounds in Landa Park, the Landa Park Train, the Fischer Park splash pad all remain closed awaiting future guidance from the Governor’s office.
- The Landa Park Aquatic Complex is tentatively set to reopen on June 10.
NEW BRAUNFELS MUNICIPAL COURT
- Limited Hours of Operation: 9am to 4pm Monday through Friday. The Court will be cleaned and sanitized each day.
- Only defendants and their attorneys are allowed in the courtroom unless the defendant is a juvenile.
- All defendants, especially seniors and at-risk individuals, are encouraged to schedule virtual hearings instead of in-person appearances, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guests to the Court should expect temperature checks and health screenings at the door. Masks will be required while in the courtroom.
- Seating in the courtroom is limited and defendants will be asked to wait in their vehicles until they are notified by text to enter the building for their hearing.
- For information on resolutions to your citation, including payment or other options, visit the New Braunfels Municipal Court website.
For more about the local response to the COVID-19 pandemic, log on to www.nbtexas.org/COVID-19