Community Development - CDBG Program
Housing and Community Development
The City of New Braunfels receives a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
These funds are distributed throughout the community to provide eligible recipients with annual grants that can be used to revitalize neighborhoods, expand affordable housing, provide economic opportunities and improve community facilities and services, primarily supporting low and moderate-income persons.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM RESOURCE: Details regarding the CDBG program are available in this HUD-issued CDBG Guide.
Annual Action Plan for CDBG Program Year 2021
DRAFT PLAN WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT JUNE 7, 2021 TO JULY 6, 2021
The City is currently developing its Annual Action Plan for Program Year 2021 (PY21) and invites you to provide your valuable feedback which will be used to assist the City in creating a Plan that identifies and addresses housing and community development needs as well supports priorities established in the adopted 2020-2025 5-Year Consolidated Plan. In addition to several public meeting opportunities, the City would appreciate your participation in the following survey offered in English or in Spanish.
The City of New Braunfels supports HUD’s Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO) in their efforts to "eliminate housing discrimination, promote economic opportunity, and achieve diverse, inclusive communities." Additional information and resources are available at HUD’s FHEO website.
FHEO Fair Housing Hotline: (800) 669-9777
FHEO TDD Line: (800) 927-9275
- DRAFT - CDBG Program Year 2020 - CAPER
- CDBG Program Year 2021 - Annual Action Plan - DRAFT
- 2020-2024 CDBG Consolidated Plan with Program Year 2020 Annual Action Plan
- NOTICE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT - Proposed Amendment to Program Year 2020 Annual Action Plan
- DRAFT - CDBG Program Year 2019 - CAPER
- CDBG Program Year 2019 - Annual Action Plan
- CDBG Eligible Block Groups Map
- CDBG Policies and Procedures Manual
- 2020-2024 CDBG Consolidated Plan
- Fair Housing Plan
- Community Development Advisory Committee 2016 Video