Boards & Commissions
The City of New Braunfels has many opportunities for civic engagement and involvement for its citizens. One of the best ways to get involved in your local government is to serve on a board or commission.
Introducing Onboard, the City’s new online board management system! With this new system, you can:
- Get descriptions of each board and commissions
- Research current members
- View which boards have vacancies
- Apply for positions on boards and commissions
This system will increase transparency, providing more information to the community regarding boards and commissions and will help streamline the process of managing the membership of the City’s various boards and commissions.
Applications will be accepted year-round and will be retained on file for one year. Apply today!
As the City transitions to the new system, please note the following dates:
- Applications for the River Advisory Committee will be accepted until April 16, 2021.
- Applications for the following boards and commissions closed on March 26, 2021:
- Watershed Advisory Committee
- New Braunfels Regional Airport Advisory Board
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Downtown Board
- Ethics Commission
- Transportation and Traffic Advisory Board
- Planning Commission
Every meeting of the board and/or commission is open to the public to attend. The Texas Open Meetings Act is detailed in Chapter 551 of the Government Code. It states that governmental bodies must hold open meetings unless there is an authorized reason for a closed session, also known as an executive session.