Details on the library's public computers, Wi-Fi, wireless printing, and scan/copy/fax options.
The New Braunfels Public Library offers test proctoring services to the public, by appointment only, for a $10.00 fee per day.
You must verify that the conditions outlined in the library policy below are acceptable to your institution before having an exam sent to the library. If the policy does not meet the institution's needs, you should contact your institution administering the test for other proctor recommendations.
You can fill out our online form to submit a proctor request. Please allow 48 hours for a response.
- One private study room is available for no more than four (4) persons per room.
- Study room is available for use only during library hours of operation and must be vacated at least ten (10) minutes before closing.
- For-profit individuals or businesses will not be granted use of the study room.
- The room may be reserved for a session up to seven (7) days in advance of the date of use. Study room use is limited to one session per week per person.
- Study room users must read and sign the library’s Study Room Agreement before using a library study room.
- Students taking proctored exams may be allowed additional time if arrangements are made in advance.
To reserve the study room, call 830-221-4300.
The library has one large meeting room available for non-profit groups for the purpose of educational, cultural, governmental, and informational community meetings, programs, and lawful activities. The meeting room seats approximately 50 persons comfortably with table and chairs; 80 with chairs only; 120 standing-room only.
For more details, see our complete policy.
To inquire about reserving the meeting room, send an email or call 830-221-4320.
- What’s the earliest in advance I can reserve a room? You can book a room up to 60 days (2 months) in advance.
- Can I book a room at the last minute? Technically yes, however, we do book rooms on a first-come, first-served basis, so it may not be available.
- How often can I book a room? Once a month per person/organization.
- Can I host a private event in one of these rooms? No, all events must be free and open to the public.
Interlibrary Loans (ILLs)
Books and other materials not currently available at NBPL may be borrowed from other libraries across the country through the Interlibrary Loan System (ILL). You can request an ILL once you've had a library account for 60 days, and your account must be in good standing. You can have three (3) ILL requests at a time.
If you have a library card and want to request an item that's not in the library's collection:
- Log in to your library account using your card number and password
- Click on "My Account" in the top right corner
- Click on the Reserves/Requests tab
- Find the the heading "Is the library missing something?"
- Click on "Request"
- Select "Yes" when asked if it's OK to borrow from another library
- Enter as much information as you can about the item (author, title, format, etc.)
If you need assistance with an ILL request or don't know your account information, please call 830-221-4300.