- ARPA Information
The City of New Braunfels has received an allocation from the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s (Treasury) Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF), a part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). ARPA provides funds to state, local, and Tribal governments across the country to support their response to and recovery from the COVID-19 public health emergency. In general, the SLFRF-ARPA program was created to ensure that governments have the financial resources needed to:
- Fight the pandemic and support families and businesses struggling with its public health and economic impacts,
- Maintain vital public services, even amid declines in revenue, and
- Build a strong, resilient, and equitable recovery by making investments that support long-term growth and opportunity.
City of New Braunfels' SLFRF-ARPA Grant Program
In support of residents impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, the City is requesting applications from nonprofits and other eligible entities for participation in the City’s SLFRF-ARPA program for the period of October 1, 2022, through September 1, 2026.
Funding must be utilized for capital improvement and construction projects with costs greater than $100,000 and have a useful life of more than 10 years. Eligible City SLFRF-ARPA projects must be within the city limits of New Braunfels and will directly support New Braunfels residents.
Objectives of the City’s SLFRF-ARPA grant program are as follows:
- Responds directly and indirectly to the needs of impacted populations that experienced the greatest negative effects of the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- Enhances the organization’s ability to deliver services or fulfill outstanding needs previously unmet through an expanded physical space; and/or
- Develops new physical assets in the community that will benefit multiple populations and/or agencies; and/or
- Leverages internal and external fundraising efforts; and/or
- Closes a financial or fundraising gap; and/or
- Can be developed, designed, funded, and commence construction before December 1, 2024; and
- Can be constructed and completed by the fall of 2026.
Activities must meet a minimum of one of the following Social Determinants of Health as communicated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Additional information is available on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website.
- Economic Stability Goal: Help people earn steady incomes that allow them to meet their health needs.
- Education Access and Quality Goal: Increase educational opportunities and help children and adolescents do well in school.
- Health Care Access and Quality Goal: Increase access to comprehensive, high-quality health care services.
- Neighborhood and Built Environment Goal: Create neighborhoods and environments that promote health and safety.
- Social and Community Context Goal: Increase social and community support
Competitive applications will be available on this website beginning on May 9, 2022 through June 9, 2022, at 4:00 PM local time.
Application Information for City of New Braunfels' SLFRF-ARPA Grant Program
Application for City SLFRF-ARPA Grant Program
Application for City SLFRF-ARPA Grant Program - Budget Forms - 6.6.2022
SLFRF-ARPA Grant Program - 5.26.2022 Application Workshop Presentation
SLFRF-ARPA Grant Program - 5.26.2022 Application Workshop Recording
If you have questions concerning the City's SLFRF-ARPA grant program, please contact Jennifer Gates, Grants Coordinator, at JGates@newbraunfels.gov.
The tentative schedule for this Request for Applications is subject to change and is as follows:
|REQUEST FOR CITY SLFRF-ARPA FUNDING: APPLICATION SCHEDULE|
|Application Available||May 9, 2022|
May 26 at 9:00 AM at City Hall (Tejas Room)
Electronic Application Submission Deadline
June 9 no later than 4:00 PM, local time
Staff Review of Applications and Applicant Q&A with Staff
June to July
Application Ranking and Funding Recommendations by Finance and Audit Committee (FAAC) and City Staff
To Be Announced
Public Hearing at City Council for Staff Funding Recommendations
To Be Announced
City Council Consideration and Approval of SLFRF-ARPA Grant Program Awards
To Be Announced
City SLFRF-ARPA Grant Program Funds Available to Awardees
October 1, 2022