Temporary Street Banner
The City of New Braunfels, in accordance with the City of New Braunfels Ordinance Section 106-17, has developed the following procedures for the installation of Temporary Street Banners. New Braunfels Utilities (NBU) will install Temporary Street Banners supporting economic development, encouraging civic pride, and providing information or announcements about local community services, activities, programs, and events as outlined in the following procedure.
Consistent with the purpose of the street banner program, only local qualifying non-profit organizations and local governmental entities are eligible to participate.
Temporary Street Banners that meet the purpose and conditions outlined in this procedure and in the Ordinance may be attached to utility poles and in the public right-of-way at the following locations:
1. South Seguin Avenue near Jahn Street
2. Landa Street near Paradise Alley
3. East San Antonio Street near Liberty Avenue
4. West San Antonio Street near Hackberry Avenue
Below is the link to submit the Temporary Street Banner Application:
- Temporary Street Banner Application -Fill out and submit online
Every applicant shall pay upon submitting an application
- Call 830-221-4010 to make payment over the phone.
- Send a check to:
City Secretary's Office
550 Landa Street
New Braunfels, TX 78130
- Pay in person at the City Secretary's office.
- Banner locations may be reserved a maximum of SIX (6) MONTHS in advance on a first-come, first-served basis, and installed for a maximum of two weeks or a minimum of one week. No reservation will be accepted without a complete application including fees, proof of non-profit status, and insurance.
- Applications may be made in person by visiting the City of New Braunfels at 550 Landa Street, or applications may be mailed to the City Secretary’s Office at 550 Landa Street, New Braunfels, Texas 78130.
- Banners will be installed and removed on the first workday of the week (weather permitting).
- Reservations for multiple locations during the same time period are allowed.
- Non-profit organizations must submit proof of 501(c) status, insurance, and payment with the Banner Application Form.
A current general liability policy specifying coverage of a minimum of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000.00 in aggregate must be submitted with the application to the City of New Braunfels. City of New Braunfels /NBU shall be named as an additional insured for the liability insurance. Proof of insurance will be required to cover the time period of banner(s) display. Application is not complete and will not be accepted for reservation and a Banner(s) will not be installed without current insurance on file with the City of New Braunfels.
City of New Braunfels/NBU reserves the right to refuse installation of any banner that City of New Braunfels/NBU deems does not meet the purpose, does not meet the construction requirements, or contains restricted language. City of New Braunfels may be contacted at (830) 221-4050 to discuss the appropriateness of potential wording on banners. It is up to the responsible party representing the requesting organization to ensure the banner meets all of the required specifications. If City of New Braunfels/NBU inspection of a banner before installation reveals deficiencies with the construction of the banner, the banner will not be installed and the owner will be notified.
If interested in more information about the City Carter Code for Temporary Street Banner, please follow the link here
*Effective May 1st, 2021 all credit/debit card transactions will incur a 2.75% processing fee.