District 4 - Lawrence Spradley
Message To Residents
New Braunfels is one of the most unique places in all of Texas where we live, work, and play. From the Gruene Historic District to the downtown Farmers Market, the Guadalupe and Comal rivers, and all points in-between our city offers a uniqueness not seen anywhere else. From the time I visited New Braunfels in 1979, I fell in love. Our family was finally able to call New Braunfels home in 2015, after retiring from the US Army after 27 years.
District 4 is diverse, spanning from the new Texas Department of Public Safety Driver's License Office on Conrads Lane to the Gruene Historic District, to the Headwaters of the Comal River. The Guadalupe River flows within the district from the Gruene Road Bridge to the Common Street Bridge. With the Gruene nightlife, fabulous food, shopping, and river fun, there is something for all of us to be proud of, and help us enjoy living, working, and playing here. I am very grateful for the opportunity to serve New Braunfels as a City Councilman and represent the people in District 4.
Police & Fire
- Fully support the Police and Fire departments to address staffing and equipment issues in relation to growth and tourism by determining the proper size of protection for city residents and tourists
Improve the relationship between the citizens and the City
- Improve listening skills within the City; specifically, toward citizen wants, needs, or concerns.
- Properly explain procedures, rules, and protocols to citizens when appropriately warranted.
- Encourage and support City University
- Review City website for ease of access, user-friendliness, and transparency
- Maintain our current roads
- Schedule investments on various road-widening projects
- Support and secure funding for neighborhood parks, bike trails, and green space
- Support and maintain our current parks and trails throughout the city
- Advocate for responsible growth; growing at a sustainable and balanced pace
- Update current City zoning ordinances to allow a mixture of housing types and economic opportunities
- Support the City's 2018 Comprehensive Plan
- Review and validate the 2013 Stormwater Management Strategy
Cultural & Tourism
- Support preservation of New Braunfels cultural heritage and historical landmarks
- Encourage tourism with our local natural river attractions, waterpark, Wurstfest, other festivals, events, and tours that celebrate New Braunfels’ rich heritage and unique identity.
- Support the Downtown Implementation Plan