Street Design Guide
The Street Design Guide is currently placed on hold and is anticipated to move forward in 2022.
Contact the Engineering Division at email@example.com or 830-221-4020 if you have any questions.
The City of New Braunfels identified the need to provide guidance on street design and apply a consistent approach for designing streets, intersections, pavements, and structures. Current street design guidance is provided in various locations including Chapters 114 and 118 of the Code of Ordinances, city checklists and standard details, federal and state manuals, and City of San Antonio design requirements. It was determined that the City needed a street design guide to provide modern guidance and a stand-alone document to assist in planning, designing, and constructing streets in New Braunfels.
The City hired Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc to assist in preparing the proposed Street Design Manual in a phased effort. Kimley-Horn has assisted other cities like New Braunfels to develop a street design criterion from the ground up. The manual was developed in coordination with City Departments and the proposed Thoroughfare Plan update.
- Redline Draft Street Design Guide v. 1 - August 2021
- Comments and Responses
- Draft Street Design Guide
- Compiled Standards
The draft Street Design Manual has been presented at the following meetings:
- Planning Commission on April 6, 2021
- Transportation and Traffic Advisory Board on April 8, 2021
- Stakeholder public input meetings on June 10, 2021 and July 6, 2021
- Downtown Board on July 20, 2021
- New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce Transportation Committee on August 5, 2021
- Stakeholder workshop on August 16, 2021
Future meeting information will be posted here as it is scheduled.
The comment period for the draft documents closed on July 30, 2021.