Specialty Parking Permitting
Parking by Permit Only:
Designated permit area means a contiguous area of a single-family residential or commercial use containing not less than ten commercial or single-family residential lots, upon which the city council imposes a parking permit per this policy. Except, where there are less than ten commercial or single-family residential lots on the entire length of the street, then the entire length of the street may be considered.
Please refer to this map to see if your residence qualifies for the Parking by Permit:
If your residence does qualify then you will need to do the following:
- Fill out the Application
- You can submit it online or
- In-person at the City Secretary's Office located at
550 Landa Street
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Parking by Permit Application
- Provide current proof of residency (driver's license, photo identification card, copy of current lease or mortgage, current utility bill, etc.) this will need to be brought when you are collecting the parking permits.
- Residents located in Parking by Permit Areas are entitled to two (2) parking permits at no charge. Residents may purchase up to two (2) additional parking permits for $3.00 each.
- Payments can be made over the phone or in-person by cash, check, or with a debit/credit card.
- Residents located in Parking by Permit Areas can obtain Temporary Daily Parking Permits with the approval of the City Secretary.
- Residents can obtain Temporary Daily Parking Permits only for the area in which they reside.
- Temporary Daily Parking Permits are valid for the date(s) designated on the permit.
- Temporary Daily Parking Permits require a $5.00 refundable deposit per permit issued. (Limit of 10 per occurrence)
- Permits not returned to the City Secretary on time will not be refunded.
- After you have submitted the form please come to the City Secretary's Office to pay and collect your Parking Permit.
Any additional questions please call (830) 221-4005
*Effective May 1st,2021, all credit/debit card transactions will incur a 2.75% processing fee.
Residence Not Qualified?
If your residence does not qualify please call (830) 221-4020
Or you can fill out Request for Parking by Permit Area and send it to :
City of New Braunfels
550 Landa Street
New Braunfels, Texas 78130
River Access Parking?
If you are looking at purchasing the Resident River Pass, then that is through the New Braunfels Parks and Recreation Department. You can find all of that information here. Or the phone number is (830)221-4350.