Park Rules & Rental Policies
CITY OF NEW BRAUNFELS PARK RULES
The following are prohibited in all city parks:
- Glass containers
- Individual portable (personal) grills
- Tents and hammocks
- Items staked into the ground
- Ground fires
- Skateboarding, in-line skating, or roller skating on or around historical monuments and the Dance Slab.
- Use of metal detector in city parks and wildlife preserves
- Use of firearms, air-guns, slingshots, bows & arrows, or gigs
- Loud music, excessive noise, and disturbing conduct
- Camping or overnight lodging
- Launching or docking watercraft in Landa Park or Fischer Park
- Use of tobacco products on or within 50 feet of any outdoor city-owned youth athletic fields, skate park, playground, or playground equipment located within the city limits of the city.
- Nails or staples are not allowed to secure decorations. No additional signage is allowed to advertise your picnic and you are responsible for total cleanup of picnic areas.
- Cutting, destroying, or removing vegetation, trees, and deadwood without permission from park officials.
- Feeding wildlife
Note: Please refer to individual park pages for park specific rules.
- Park curfew for all parks: 12 Midnight – 6:00 a.m. Exception: Cypress Bend Park: Dusk to 6:00 a.m.
- Reservations are required for all group picnic areas and pavilions.
- Park Rangers will collect a $25.00 per picnic space fee in season. A picnic space is defined as the use of one picnic table for the purpose of picnicking or for additional set up areas with table and chairs per day. City of New Braunfels residents may use one picnic space free of charge with proof of residency.
- With the exception of Landa Park, Fischer Park and Camp Comal, the consumption of alcoholic beverages or the possession of an open alcohol container in city owned parks is prohibited by city ordinance. At Landa Park, Fischer Park and Camp Comal, the consumption of alcoholic beverages or the possession of an open alcoholic beverage container in designated parking areas or within 25 feet of a roadway is prohibited.
- Parking is allowed in designated parking areas only.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times and are not allowed in Comal Springs, in any waterway throughout Landa Park, Fischer Park or the Fischer Park Sprayground.
- Only freestanding canopies without bottoms are permitted for use.
- Skateboarding, in-line skating, or roller skating is permitted on sidewalks only. Walkers have the right-or-way on multipurpose trails. JAWS Skatepark allows skates and skateboards only.
- Volleyball and horseshoes are permitted only in designated areas.
- Wading and swimming permitted only in designated areas.
- Nature trails are for pedestrian use only. Bicycles, motorcycles, vehicles, etc. are prohibited (except Dry Comal Trail).
- No person may operate a motor vehicle at any park facility or wildlife preserve, except upon roads, driveways, parking areas, and areas designated open to motor vehicles except as authorized by the department.
- Advertising, selling of goods, products, or services by authorized park concessionaires only.
- No person may use an area or facility for any purpose contrary to its designated purpose. Facility users may not exceed the maximum limit of people established for a facility. For example, a single table maximum is 8 people.
- Fishing is allowed only with a regular rod and reel. Net fishing is not permitted in environmentally sensitive areas. A state fishing license and freshwater fishing stamp are required per Texas Parks and Wildlife regulations.
- All habitat and wildlife are protected.
- All sites, objects, buildings, artifacts, implements, and locations of historical, archaeological, geologic, scientific or educational interest of every character located in, on or under the surface of any park facility and wildlife preserve are protected.
- Public or private instruction is not allowed within the boundaries of any city park without prior permission and a current contract or agreement on file with the Parks & Recreation Department.
Individual Picnic Space Fees
Per Article 1. Sec. 86-2 of the City of New Braunfels Code of Ordinances, individual picnic spaces are available throughout the park system on a first come, first served basis. Park rangers will collect a $25 per picnic space fee in season, Easter weekend through the first weekend in October, in Landa Park, Fischer Park and Hinman Island Park.
With proof of residency, citizens living inside the corporate city limits of New Braunfels will not be charged for the first picnic space. Picnic spaces include but are not limited to tables, chairs, blankets and/or canopies.
- A full refund will be issued with a cancellation two weeks or more prior to the reservation date.
- March-September: A half refund will be issued if less than two weeks notice of cancellation is given.
- No refund will be provided if the renting party fails to show and no cancellation notice is received prior to the date of the reservation.
Inclement Weather Policy
Weather rain outs will be determined by Parks and Recreation Department staff. If a rain out is declared, the reservation holder may reschedule the site (at no fee) for a day within three months of the initial reservation date - provided the Parks office is notified within the first three working days after the original reservation.
Volleyball Court Reservations
The volleyball courts in Landa Park may be rented for exclusive usage. Companies or individuals picnicking in the park are encouraged to rent a court for a group activity. Volleyball courts #1 and #2 are located in Landa Park on Golf Course Road next to the Landa Park Aquatic Complex (lights available at these locations until midnight). Court #3 is located in Landa Park adjacent to picnic area #9 (no light at this location). Fees are $5.00 for each two-hour time block. Volleyballs are not provided.