To find out how to become a registered voter, click here.
To find out what City Council District you live in, click here for a map of the City.
Click on the links below to view your voting location for municipal elections:
- Early Voting is at Comal County Elections Office, 396 N. Seguin Avenue
- District One Election Day is at Westside Community Center, 2932 S. IH 35 Frontage Road
- District Two Election Day is at New Braunfels First Church of the Nazarene, 210 W. Klein Road
- District Three Election Day is at Seele Elementary School, 540 Howard Street
- District Four Election Day is at Faith United Church of Christ, 970 N Loop 337
- District Five Election Day is at Lamar Elementary School, 240 N. Central Avenue
- District Six Election Day is at Walnut Springs Elementary School, 1900 S. Walnut Avenue
City of New Braunfels Elections
Persons can obtain an application for place on the municipal ballot from:
City of New Braunfels City Hall
550 Landa Street
New Braunfels, Texas 78130
Office hours are Monday though Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or you may obtain the forms from the Texas Secretary of State website and submit the application to the City Secretary’s Office.
Standard Eligibility Requirements for Public Office
Election Code Sec. 141.001(a)
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the disabilities
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory as applicable, for 6 months immediately preceding the deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot
- Candidate must satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for this office
City of New Braunfels Home Rule Charter Requirements
- Shall be a resident citizen
- Qualified voter of the State of Texas
- Shall have been a resident citizen of the City of New Braunfels for a period of not less than twelve (12) months immediately prior to election day
- Shall not be indebted to the City of New Braunfels; provided, however, that any person with the above qualifications, except as to residence, who shall have been a resident for a period of not less than twelve (12) months immediately preceding his or her election of any territory not formerly within the corporate limits of said city, but which is annexed under the provisions of Section 1.04 (Charter) shall be eligible for said office
A qualified voter is defined as a registered voter who meets all other requirements for voting. A registration becomes effective on the 30th day after the day the application is submitted to the registrar or on the date the applicant becomes 18 years old, whichever is later (Sec. 13.143).
Election Code Sec. 11.001 and 11.002. A person meets the age requirement for voting on the day before his/her 18th birthday (Sec. 1.016)
- 18 years of age or older on the day of the election
- Citizens of the United States
- Not disqualified as mentally incompetent
- Not disqualified as a convicted felon
- Resident of the state on the day of the election
- A registered voter on the day of the election
Eligibility to Vote
(Election Code Sec. 11.001)
- Be a qualified voter as defined above
- Be a resident of the territory covered by the election for the office on which the person desires to vote
- Satisfy all other requirements for voting prescribed by law for particular election
Texas voters must show a photo ID to vote in elections in Texas.
Please click here to find out more information about the Voter I.D. law.