City Recycle Center
The City Recycle Center is available for all community members to bring material for recycling, including apartment dwellers, businesses, and visitors.
- Flatten boxes, rinse containers, and bring items loose in a container, such as an 18-gallon bin or storage tote.
- Bringing items in a black trash bag is NO LONGER permitted. If you must use a bag, put recycling in a clear plastic bag. DO NOT use city-provided green waste paper bags to bring items.
- Secure shredded paper in a small paper bag and staple it shut.
- If you miss your curbside recycling collection, we cannot accept items in your recycling cart. Bring them in an 18-gallon tote or bin.
- Green Waste is NOT accepted.
- Materials may be rejected based on quantity, quality, and/or contamination.
- No trailer loads of materials are allowed.
- Plastic foam, commonly called Styrofoam, is accepted for drop-off, but it must be separate from other recyclables. Click here for more information before bringing items for drop-off.
- Large pieces of cardboard have to fit inside the cardboard baler. Therefore, the preferred size for cardboard is 30" X 60". If your cardboard is not this size upon arrival, you may be required to pull to the side and cut it while other patrons are assisted. This is keep wait times to a minimum.
What Can I Bring for Recycling?
View a printable PDF of this information.
|• Plastic containers #1-7, less than 5-gallon, lids on
• Clean, dry paper: cardboard, newspaper, magazines, junk mail, catalogs, cereal boxes, phone books, etc.
• Glass bottles and jars
• Aluminum cans and bottles
• Steel and tin: food and beverage cans
• Shredded paper in a paper bag, stapled shut
• Dairy and juice cartons
|PLASTIC FOAM #6|
|Completely white, clean and dry; often called Styrofoam
Click here for more information
|Flattened, clean and dry; preferably in sizes of 30" X 60" (see bullet above)
|Items that are mostly metal, such as:
• Appliances, without Freon
| • Lawn mower, without fluids
• Water heater (emptied)
• BBQ grills (no ashes or coals)
|DO NOT BRING ANY OF THESE:|
Foil containers, baking tins
Other types of foam, including mattress foam
|Plastic bags / wrap / film
Cups, plates, utensils
|Tissues, paper towels napkins
Wax coated paper products
Coated paper bags
Cups, plates, utensils
|Appliances with Freon
Items with fuel or liquids still in them
Green Waste: brush, leaves, trimmings
Items in Green Waste bags
Feed bags or pet food bags
Holiday Tree Mulching
For a limited time after Christmas, natural Christmas trees (free of flocking and decorations) can be dropped off at the City Recycle Center. View info flyer.
December 26 – January 9Drop-off your natural trees at the City Recycle Center.
January 2 – January 9Pick-up free holiday tree mulch at the City Recycle Center.