This year’s theme is “OUT is IN,” challenging everyone to get out and visit their community parks during the month of July. Click here for a complete list of your New Braunfels parks.
We are celebrating by offering buy one get one free admission for the entire month of July on the following days and attractions:
‘Out is In’ Outdoor Challenge Photo Scavenger Hunt 10 parks in 20 days
Join our outdoor digital photo challenge, a twenty day challenge to get outdoors and capture photos in ten select parks, upload them to Facebook or Instagram using hashtag #outisinNB
1. Visit the new monarch waystation at Lindheimer Plaza, this park is named after Ferdinand Lindheimer the “Father of Texas Botany.”
2. Enjoy the views from the Faust Street Bridge, this majestic structure spans 640 feet above the Guadalupe River.
3. Goal! The H-E-B Soccer Complex is great for a game of soccer or a stroll around the half mile walking trail.
4. Haymarket Park boasts a basketball court for a quick pick up game and an exciting playground.
5. Play a field game or have a family picnic at Kraft Park.
6. Discover nature on the scenic 2.5 mile Dry Comal Trail.
7. Ernest Eikel Park is known for Jaws Skate Park, if skateboarding isn't your sport, take a walk on the quarter mile walking path that loops the park.
8. Fly a kite or cast a line in the Guadalupe River that borders Cypress Bend Park.
9. Look and listen for birds and relax under the shade of large pecan trees at Torrey Park.
10. Enjoy a bike ride along the County Line Memorial Trail that extends over two miles. Be sure to check out the interpretative wetland signage located on the trail between Pahmeyer Drive and County Line Road.
Participants who complete the 2014 “Out is In” Outdoor Challenge will have a scavenger hunt photo published in “The Fun Things in Life” Recreation Program Guide.