Go To Search
Depicted are historical figures from New Braunfels' past.
Special Use Permits
Special Use Permits
Advanced permission is required if your event will include any of the following: 
  • Expected attendance over 200
  • Inflatables or amusement rides / games
  • Music or amplified sound
  • Use of a caterer or entertainer
  • Use of a catering grill
  • Use of tents larger than 400 sq feet
  • Additional amenities
The Special Event Permit Packet outlines the process to apply for special permits associated with activities conducted within the park system. If you require any of these Special Use Permits, the appropriate permits should be completed and turned in to the Parks Office at least 14 days in advance of your rental. After approval of the permit(s) please bring the form the day of your reservation.

Oversized Grill & Catering Truck Permit
Personal cooking grills are not allowed in any city park. Oversized grills are permitted with rental of one of the following locations:
  • Landa Park: 4,5,6,11,11A, Landa Haus
  • Cypress Bend Park Pavilion
  • Fischer Park: Hilltop Pavilion, Grand Pavilion
  • Camp Comal
  • Fredericksburg Fields
  • HEB Soccer Complex

If your reservation is at one of the designated areas listed above and you would like to utilize an oversized grill or catering truck, please complete the Oversized Grill Permit or the Catering Truck Permit. 

Music / Amplified Sound Permit
If your reservation will include a loudspeaker or sound-amplifying equipment you will need to complete the Music / Amplified Sound Permit.

Inflatable Amusement Ride Permit
Inflatable amusement rides are only allowed in Cypress Bend Park and in Landa Park at areas 5, 6, 7A, 11,11A,15, and 16. If your reservation is at one of the designated areas and you would like to utilize an inflatable please complete the Inflatable Amusement Ride Permit.

Photography/Filming Permit
This permit is for use by professional photographers or filming companies who are requesting to use a City of New Braunfels public park for commercial purposes. The permit is not required for individual or single family photo shoots, but rather for a commercial operation that will have a daily impact on regular park use. Complete the Photography/Filming Permit.