The New Braunfels Public Library is hosting a series of programs called “Happy for the Holidays” from Monday, December 18th through Friday, December 22nd.
holiday season can be stressful for many people,” said Toni Davenport, AdultServices Librarian. “We want to offer a break from this hectic season and
give our community a chance to spend time together and simply to do somethingfun and relaxing at the library.”
following programs are scheduled:
- Monday, December 18th at 6:30 p.m.: Movie Screening: A Christmas Story - Feel free to
bring a meal, a friend, or the whole family. All ages are welcome. A Christmas Story is rated PG.
- Tuesday, December 19th at 4:00 p.m.: Laughter Yoga for Teens and Tweens - This special program is just for Teens and Tweens and is a good time to be silly and relax. All
physical abilities encouraged to attend.
- Tuesday, December 19th at 6:30 p.m.: Homesteading 101 class – Butter Making - Shake off the
stress and make a small batch of homemade butter. Registration requested.
- Wednesday, December 20th at 6:30 p.m.: Classical Harp Concert with Amy Frazier - Enjoy relaxing
harp music from composers such as Bach, Debussy, Salzedo, Satie and more.
- Thursday, December 21st at 6:30 p.m.: Laughter Yoga for Adults - Laughter Yoga is a great way to
stretch, breathe more deeply and work those laughter muscles. It’s also a time to be a little silly. Never tried Laughter Yoga? Don’t worry –
staff will guide you. All physical abilities encouraged to attend.
- Friday, December 22nd at 4:30 p.m.: Broke for the Holidays: Last Minute Gifts - Looking for a
last-minute gift? Feeling crafty, but don’t know where to start? Stop in and the friendly library staff will show you how to
make a craft. Several options to choose from.
- Theseprograms are made possible with the support of The Friends of the New Braunfels
Forfurther information, contact Toni Davenport at 830-221-4325.