Code Enforcement


All Planning and Community Development Services will be closed every Wednesday at 4 pm starting July 3, 2019

The Code Enforcement Division is responsible for investigating and processing general nuisance violations, applicable statutory provisions, and specific ordinance violations, including, but not limited to:

  • Junk and abandoned vehicles on private property.
  • Tall grass and weed violations on private property.
  • Outside storage of junk & trash on private property.
  • Bandit Signs on public right of ways.
  • Statutory Texas Health and Safety Enforcement.
  • Graffiti Abatement.

Short Term Rental

The rental for compensation of one- or two-family dwellings, as defined in the IRC (International Residential Code), for the purpose of overnight lodging for a period of not less than one night and not more than 30 days other than ongoing month-to-month tenancy granted to the same renter for the same unit. This is not applicable to hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, resort properties as defined in Chapter 144-5.17 of the municipal code or resort condominiums.

If you would like to report an illegal Short Term Rental property please use the link below. If the complaint occurs after hours or on the weekend the complaint will be reviewed the next business day. If you have a noise complaint related to a Short Term Rental property please contact New Braunfels Police Department at (830) 221-4100.

Short Term Rental Complaint Form

Excess Brush & Bulky Items

Bulky Item such as furniture, appliances or brush are not collected during routine curbside service. The Solid Waste & Recycling Division can schedule a collection of bulky items at the request of the resident. You can contact Solid Waste at (830) 221-4040 to schedule a pickup. There is a fee for this service.

Building Code

The Code Enforcement Division does not enforce Building Codes,  or construction occurring without Building Permits. Please contact the Building Division using their online complaint form if you have any questions about construction related concerns.

Code Enforcement Case - Records

You can search by address for current and previous Code Enforcement Cases on our Citizen Access Portal.

Citizen Access Portal