The New Braunfels Fire Department is one of the oldest Fire Departments in the State of Texas. The New Braunfels Fire Department has served the citizens of New Braunfels for over 130 years. Currently, the fire department is responsible for providing emergency services to over 85,000 residents in the 47 square miles of City limits and the 75 square miles of unincorporated Comal County ESD 7.
We will safeguard our community against dangerous conditions, natural or man-made, by providing public education, fire protection, emergency medical services, and emergency management.
Promote organizational growth to match our community’s diverse and growing needs.
- Vigilance - We will maintain readiness through training, fitness, innovation, and team-building
- Integrity - We hold ourselves to a higher standard; we ensure public trust through personal and professional accountability.
- Compassion - We possess a desire to help those in need.
Motto: "Be Nice, Be Professional"
The City of New Braunfels has an ISO Class Rating of 1. This Public Protection Class rating is used when calculating property insurance premiums for homes and businesses located within New Braunfels.
Committed to Safety
The New Braunfels Fire Department is compliant with Chapter 143 of the Local Government Code and is committed to the lives and safety of the citizens of New Braunfels. Please enjoy your visit to our official website.
- What is an ISO rating?
- How do I request a demonstration or tour?
- Is NBFD hiring?
- I recevied a request for insurance information from a company called Intermedix out of Houston. Are they valid?
- Where can I properly dispose of hazardous waste material?
- How can I become a firefighter/EMT?
- What is the Move Over Act?