What is City University?
The goal of offering New Braunfels City University is to provide citizens the opportunity to learn about the City’s services and operations. The objectives of the program are that participants will:
◦Learn about the relationship between the citizens, the City Council, its boards and commissions, and City administration
◦ Learn how and why projects are undertaken and the manner in which services are provided
◦ Receive an overview of the budget planning process, the development review process, and many other responsibilities and functions of city government
◦ Receive an interactive learning experience through case studies, site tours, group discussion, and hands-on experience
◦ Graduate with a greater understanding of municipal operations
◦ Annual sessions are held in the Spring from January-June. Classes meet every other Thursday evening from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. for eleven scheduled sessions
Who Can Apply?
City residents who are at least 17 years of age.
Applications for the 2020 session of City University are now available! There are a few ways to apply:
To complete and submit an electronic copy of the application, click here.
To complete a copy of this year's application in person, please visit City Hall at 550 Landa Street. The fillable form can be accessed by clicking here. Completed copies can be turned in at City Hall or by sending it to Adam Kinyicky at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will close on December 6th and applicants will be made aware of their status in late December.
Please contact Adam Kinyicky at 830-221-4392 for more details.