Driving Safety Course
You are not eligible if your violation is for:
- Speeding 95 miles per hour or more or 25 miles per hour or more over the posted speed limit.
- Passing a school bus.
- Failure to render aid/Leaving the scene of a collision.
- A violation that occurred in a construction zone where workers were present.
You are eligible to take a driving safety course if you have not taken the course in the last 12 months from your violation date and you submit ALL of the below requirements on or before your appearance date located at the bottom of your citation:
- Your request for a driving safety course which includes your plea of either guilty or no contest.
- Payment of the court costs in the amount of $114.00 or, if you violation occurred in a school zone, $139.00. Call the Court at (830) 221-4180 to pay the court costs after you submit all other requirements.
- A copy of your valid, non-CDL, Texas driver’s license or, if you are a member, spouse, or dependent child of a member of the US Military Forces, a valid driver's license issued by another State.
- A copy of your valid insurance listing you as a driver on the policy.
Once we receive all of the requirements stated above, you will then have 90 days to:IMPORTANT: All requests through correspondence must include:
- Complete a driving safety course approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) and submit the COURT COPY of the certificate of completion to the Court.
- Submit a copy of a TYPE 3 or 3A driving record as maintained by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Submit a notarized affidavit that states that you have not taken a driving safety course for the dismissal of a citation in that last 12 months preceding your violation date.
- Photo ID
- Signature (by typing your name at the bottom of your email or handwritten and attached)
- Current phone number
- Current mailing address
Tip: If you have a smart phone, you can take a picture of any handwritten requests, signatures, or other documentation and attach them to your email.