Puppy Playland Dog Park
About the Park
Puppy Playland Dog Park consists of three fenced sections; one for small dogs, one for large dogs and an agility area. The dog park features traditional dog park elements including fencing, a drinking fountain for humans and dogs, three shaded pavilions, dog waste stations and parking. Dog owners are responsible for their dogs at all times while at the park and must follow specific rules listed below.
Small Dog Area is for dogs 25 pounds and smaller.
Large Dog Area is for dogs larger than 25 pounds.
Dog Park Hours:
Every day from dawn until dusk.
1240 Landa Street
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Dog Park Rules:
- Dog Park hours are dawn to dusk.
- Owners are legally and financially liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dog(s). The City of New Braunfels has no liability or responsibility for injuries in the dog park.
- No dogs without people. Dogs must be under voice control at all times. No more than three (3) dogs per human.
- Watch your dogs at all times. Discourage barking and digging. If your dog digs a hole, fill it in.
- Your dog must wear a collar in the park at all times with up to date annual vaccinations and licenses of New Braunfels visible. No spike, prong or pinch collars.
- Your dog must be leashed to and from the parking area.
- Clean up after your dog and dispose of waste materials properly.
- No contagious or aggressive dogs. Do not let your dog mount other dogs. Watch for signs of aggression. If your dog becomes aggressive leave the park immediately.
- No dogs in heat. Closely monitor un-neutered males.
- Dogs must be over four (4) months old.
- Bring children at your own risk. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No smoking, alcohol, glass containers, bicycles, roller-blades, skateboards, other animals, or toys (including play pools) allowed in the park.
- No dog or human food, except for training purposes in the agility area.
- Commercial/professional dog training is not allowed, unless approved by the Parks and Recreation Department. If approved, 20 percent of gross sales will be remitted to the City.
Puppy Playland Supporters
New Braunfels Puppy Playland, a part of the New Braunfels Parks Foundation, is a non-profit organization whose members and supporters raised $150,000 in monetary and in-kind donations for the off-leash dog park project. For additional information on the history of the New Braunfels Puppy Playland group efforts click here.
Would you like to help make our dog park beautiful? Join Terra Paws - a Puppy Playland Dog Park volunteer group! Sign up to receive Terra Paws news and volunteer opportunities.